Industry leader in the live event and corporate communication space specializing in developing and producing end-to-end marketing solutions is searching for a charismatic Director of Business Development.
Ideal candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal communication skills. Have experience developing strategic full-service marketing solutions for Fortune 1000 clients specifically in the areas of event and entertainment production, digital and e-Learning solutions and experiential marketing programs. Candidate must be able to research, analyze and track multiple client prospects and be able to work with a variety of internal departments.
Candidate must have strong writing skills, be proficient with PowerPoint and Keynote and be very comfortable making presentations to C-level business leaders. The position is ideal for an individual who possesses an entrepreneurial personality, is professionally aggressive, has the ability to work independently and is looking for an opportunity to manage their career.
We offer a dynamic work environment that encourages cross-departmental collaboration and provides an excellent training program working under the VP of Business Strategy.
The agency offers a competitive base salary and multi-tiered bonus program. Please provide a copy of your resume, a list of client companies with whom you have worked, and samples of your business writing capabilities.
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- 7-10 years of biz dev / client management experience in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or equivalent year for year experience
- Ability to identify, analyze, recruit and retain agency client prospects
- Proven track record leading teams through the complete lifecycle of client programs, from prospecting through to proposal, contracting, kick-off, delivery and debrief
- Strong working knowledge of experiential marketing, production, e-learning, meeting services, digital and entertainment offerings to be able to effectively communicate with seasoned Clients and prospects
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and time management; ability to prioritize workload and multi-task, especially while traveling and / or on-site with Client programs
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve individual and team financial targets
- Grow agencies client base by a target of $1M in year one and $3M+ in subsequent years; actual financial targets to be set based on experience and compensation
- Lead day-to-day relationship and communication with each newly secured client
- Serve as the client’s “brand steward” to ensure that all creative standards are being adhered to, and that all concepts are on-strategy
- Comply with Client Service department processes as it relates to sales reporting and use of the agency brief across the lifecycle of each project
- Meet Client Service department objectives